News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 1939 (1940 1941) Cadillac LaSalle Heater Switch - deluxe heater w/defroster.

Started by johnmereness, February 07, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmereness

WTB 1939 Cadillac LaSalle Heater Switch for deluxe heater with defroster.  AND, HAS SOMEONE REPRODUCED CHROME KNOB ?  JOHNMERENESS@AOL.COM 513-478-1887

Tom Boehm

Hello John, I do not have a switch to sell. However, I recently acquired the correct switch for my 1940 Lasalle. I am 99.9% certain that the chrome knob/lever is not reproduced. It took a while but I did find a switch. I got a reproduction wiring harness from YnZ. It goes between the heater and the switch. I assume you do not have the underseat heaters. They get a different switch.

johnmereness

I need a switch for a 39 (40 is Chrome and has three little chrome switches) while 39 has a single chrome lever and hands under dash.  I have reproduction plastic - so the condition of the plastic is not at issue.  This goes on a high point score  car and would like to find  the original part.  Correct, I do not have underseat heaters, but I do have defrost.  Rhode Island made me the original heater wiring.

Tom Boehm

Hello John, 1939 and 1940 Cadillacs and Lasalles had identical heating equipment options. You have the base option, which is a box under the dash with doors on it. Some of these had the fresh air inlet on the passenger side lower cowl. The correct switch for the base heater/defroster is the single chrome lever with plastic face.
The upgrade heating system had underseat heaters with a round radiatorlike defrost blower under the dash and the fresh air inlet on the passenger side lower cowl. The correct switch for the upgrade system has the chrome face with three chrome lever switches.
    So the point to this is you are looking for a base heater/defroster switch for 1939 and 1940 Cadillac and Lasalle.
    It took me a long time to get the various options straight.  Just out of curiosity, are you restoring a 1939 Cadillac or Lasalle?

johnmereness

Restoring a 1939 LaSalle (it has the lower grade heater in it - a 3 door with defrost (no air intake from the cowl).  Car is being done high point - and interestingly has photos of it as a new car so want to make sure all equipment is correct.

johnmereness

Switch looks like this - most of all need the actual mechanical switch (I assume a 5 way switch) low-high-off-low-high  - I have new plastic emblem and found a decent enough reproduction chrome handle for switch.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I can't believe that AllCads doesn't have one for you. They have a website.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville