News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Whats the trick to fitting 1960 Wiper Arms guides ??

Started by rustytractor, February 20, 2017, 06:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

The small plastic guides in the wiper arms of my 1960 Eureka Hearse are worn out and the wipers keep flipping over. I'll find a suplier in the US and order some replacements but it takes a while to ship to the England so in the meantime I swapped them to the opposing arms and they seem to be holding - just !

On Thursday I'm using the car for a shoot for a Netflix TV production called "The Crown" (about the Royal Family) and I'm worried that it will rain so want to swap the good guides from my 1962 Miller Meteor hearse (they're the same) onto the Eureka - sounds simple enough I hear you cry.

The worn Eureka guides came out fairly easily when I swapped them over - I pulled, lifted and pivoted the spring loaded arm down towards the hood when the wipers were in their home position and then popped the guides out and swapped them over. The guides on the '62 MM are far less worn but the same process doesn't seem to work because when I pull the arm out towards the centre of the car the plastic guide doesn't seem to clear the metal cam - am I just not pulling hard enough ?

Where are the wipers supposed to be to remove the guides ? Stopping them anywhere on the screen is simple if this isn't supposed to be done in the home position, I'd just like to know the correct position and method to remove them without causing damaging.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy plastic guides (I'll buy 2 sets) plus I also need compatible stainless wiper blades - mine are currently fitted with Trico blades #2807822
Too many cars - too little time !!