News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

55 caddy brake rubber question

Started by G.Lucas #25354, February 26, 2017, 10:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas #25354

Hello, Is there a rubber grommet for the brake pedal rod that goes through the fire wall? I'm not talking about the one on the carpet, but on the metal floor board? It seems to be a large opening not to have something. Thanks, George

55hooptie

George, is this the part you're looking for? There is rubber in that plate behind the ring.

G.Lucas #25354

Yes, I have that part but was not sure if the was something else under it? It seems like a rather large opening for the brake push rod, but mabe to not have too much resistance on it. Thanks, G

55hooptie

I looked at it again and all I see is a felt like insulation material behind the plate. It closes the hole tighter around the pedal shaft from what I can see.

G.Lucas #25354

Ok thanks. I guess I have to make something from it. Appreciate your assistance. G

Bob Kielar

Was under my 55 Fleetwood the other day starting to do some work on replacing the rear main seal. So I took this picture of my brake pedal going thru the firewall.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

G.Lucas #25354

Ok thanks Bob. Looks like felt from the other side. I guess I will have to make something as I did not find anyone selling g that item. G

J. Gomez

Quote from: G.Lucas #25354 on March 02, 2017, 08:00:31 PM
Ok thanks Bob. Looks like felt from the other side. I guess I will have to make something as I did not find anyone selling g that item. G

George,

A quick and cheap trick for the brake rod pad; check with your local hardware store for air compressor filters made of a felt pad. Either Home Depot or Lowes may have them, I got mine done and is perfect.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

G.Lucas #25354

Thanks Jose. I did just that and glued it down. Worked out well. G