News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

429 rear Crank seal needed

Started by rustytractor, March 15, 2017, 03:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

I'm rebuilding the engine in my '64 Coupe de Ville and have somehow lost one half of the crankshaft rear seal. 😫

I have a parcel being shipped to England the next week or so so can add the seal to it - anyone got one or know where to buy one - it's pretty urgent.

Thanks, Russ
Too many cars - too little time !!

russ austin

Google "Best Gaskets" for a dealer near your choice of locations.   FelPro lists them, but they are the wrong size.  It is for the 62 and older 390 . I'm gong to repeat myself here. It is the wrong part, do not buy the FelPro seal.

If you are having difficulties locating a vendor, email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com 
R.Austin

rustytractor

Quote from: russ austin on March 15, 2017, 08:33:22 AM
Google "Best Gaskets" for a dealer near your choice of locations.   FelPro lists them, but they are the wrong size.  It is for the 62 and older 390 . I'm gong to repeat myself here. It is the wrong part, do not buy the FelPro seal.

If you are having difficulties locating a vendor, email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com

Thanks for the advice Russ, I ordered a "Best" seal from Falcon Global.

Seems such a waste of money - the missing half of the seal is bound to turn up before the replacement arrives !

russ austin

You know it will, and that's what sucks.
R.Austin

Bobby B

Quote from: rustytractor on March 17, 2017, 06:25:29 PM
Seems such a waste of money - the missing half of the seal is bound to turn up before the replacement arrives !

If it wasn't a "Best" seal, it wasn't a waste of money purchasing one.

Quote from: russ austin on March 17, 2017, 10:16:05 PM
You know it will, and that's what sucks.
;D ;D ;D
                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

rustytractor

Quote from: Bobby B on March 19, 2017, 09:59:24 AM
If it wasn't a "Best" seal, it wasn't a waste of money purchasing one.
;D ;D ;D
                 Bobby

Ok confused. I assume you either meant:-

if it WAS a Best seal it wasn't a waste of money
OR
if it wasn't a Best seal it WAS a waste of money.

The double negative implies that the Best seal was a waste of money.

No, wait a minute....

Oh I give up - I've bought it now anyway 🤣

Bobby B

Quote from: rustytractor on March 19, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
Ok confused. I assume you either meant:-

if WAS a Best seal it wasn't a waste of money
OR
if it wasn't a Best seal it WAS a waste of money.

The double negative implies that the Best seal was a waste of money.

No, wait a minute....

Oh I give up - I've bought it now anyway 🤣

There's a reason why it's called The "Best" seal.......They make great products for vintage applications and tough seal situations where other companies just put out some form of a "Generic" seal. I Love Fel-Pro and Victor products, but for specific trouble type seals, "Best" is the way to go. You did Good..... Capisce?  ;)
                                                                                                                                                           Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

rustytractor

Quote from: Bobby B on March 19, 2017, 11:47:55 PM
There's a reason why it's called The "Best" seal.......They make great products for vintage applications and tough seal situations where other companies just put out some form of a "Generic" seal. I Love Fel-Pro and Victor products, but for specific trouble type seals, "Best" is the way to go. You did Good..... Capisce?  ;)
                                                                                                                                                           Bobby

👍🏻