News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

N.O.S. Later '49 - '52 (or maybe thru 55) camshaft p/n 350 8739

Started by Carl Fielding, March 28, 2017, 12:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fielding

John has it on AACA GENERAL DISCUSSION  , Buy/Sell. forums.aaca.org . No direct contact info or price. I will now give him a heads-up to the wonderful world of CLC forums. Hey , as long as we are talking '49 bumps : When I was a little kid , a very nice guy on my paper route gave me my first car. A not all that old used car. A '49 Cad convertible. These days it would be a very easy restoration. Looked beat to my young eyes. Didn't run. My nice customer explained in terms I never forgot. "Those early Kettering V8s had soft cams." ANY TRUTH TO MR. LEVIN'S OBSERVATION ? Epilogue : I was too young to drive it , too dumb to fix it. Well it actually was not worth much more than I paid for it at the time. Sooooo a friend of mine we called the Monk and I dismantled it to the best of our young abilities. Of course nothing of it remains , and it became the first Cadillac I have destroyed. Not that it wasn't well along that road already when I became its proud owner. A '49 droptop ! Weep !  - CC

Carl Fielding

John offers this camshaft at $100 + shipping. Seems like a steal of a deal at that price. He would like contact through posting on the AACA forum , or private message on same. Sure wish I had been smart enough and rich enough to have kept .................... ENOUGH , Cadillac Carl ! You know very well if you were granted one wish , it would be to some altruistic end. And , as I have said elsewhere "If wishes were Cadillacs , all men and women would drive one." Get that camshaft while you have the opportunity !  - Carl

Carl Fielding