News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

wtb aluminum valve covers for a 1962cdv with ac

Started by 62boat, April 10, 2017, 09:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62boat

looking for aluminum valve covers for a 1962 cdv 390 with ac. I cant seem to get my tin valve covers to stop leaking. thanks
s.karatka

35-709

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050890.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1962+Cadillac+valve+covers.TRS0&_nkw=1962+Cadillac+valve+covers&_sacat=6000

Not much that will make your valve covers leak quicker than over-tightening the cover bolts.  Important to make sure the covers' holes are not "countersunk" from over tightening.  If they are, a flat surface, a hammer and a thin block of wood will help make them flat again.  The proper torque for tightening the valve cover gaskets is in the 30 to 40 INCH pound range, any tighter than that and you take the chance of misshaping the covers' metal around the holes and you are right back where you started.    Also make sure your covers are not warped for some reason by placing them on a flat surface to see that they are flat to that surface. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Dan LeBlanc

The rear a/c compressor bracket will not clear the aftermarket aluminum valve covers, either.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car