News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Barbecue Grill

Started by Seville1957, April 12, 2017, 12:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-mman

The sad part of these is that they are not even good BBQs/grills.

To operate it you have to stand in from of the bumper. That means that to flip the meat you have to reach an additional 12 to 18 inches to reach the cooking area. The additional reach length means that you have less leverage and are more likely to drop the meat or have it slip down into the flame area.
Because of the fenders you cant readily access the cooking area from the side. This means that you cannot have an assistant cook the corn or stir a pot of beans.

Pulling the meat from the cooking area will insure that you will get drippings on the 'radiator'- bumper area and cleaning it would always be difficult. Leading to an unsanitary situation and foul smells.

Then how would you move such a thing. I guess it could sit stationary in your yard but you could never take it to a park or other recreational area. In fact just moving it around the yard would be a hassle.

I guess that's why you always see these things in brand new condition. They are impossible to use and if you did you could never make it look nice again.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

The Tassie Devil(le)

Yes, looks nice, but it has to be the most useless BBQ I have ever seen.

Where would one put the tail lights when towing it?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hey, if your wife will put up with it, go for it. But she might want it painted pink. (Mountain Laurel.) Her likely reaction, "You paid HOW MUCH for that?"
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

dochawk

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on April 13, 2017, 09:28:24 AM
Her likely reaction, "You paid HOW MUCH for that?"

Wait a minute, people tell wives how much toys cost???
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

The Tassie Devil(le)

Oh yea.   If the wife doesn't know, then when the husband karks it, she won't get value come time to have a clearance.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on April 15, 2017, 01:04:33 AM
Oh yea.   If the wife doesn't know, then when the husband karks it, she won't get value come time to have a clearance.

Yeah, but sometimes, the reason the husband Carks it, is because the wife knew/found out.... its an evil circle, very evil.
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia