News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

If you can't wait for that perfect patina.....just wrap it....1953 Coupe

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, April 15, 2017, 06:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

This isn't my car, but check out the patina vinyl wrap on this 1953 Cadillac.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/6086045775.html

What do we think?

Car looked pretty good before the wrap........to each his own......

Mike   #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

Patina.   8)

No patina.   :-\
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Mike Baillargeon #15848

When you get tired of this patina, can you just peel it off?

Mike   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

signart

It is removable. It is recommended to let the print cure for a period before application to prevent the chance of leaving a ghost on the finish after removal. That doesn't usually happen in the commercial world. Goes straight from the printer to the substrate most cases.
Art D. Woody

WTL

Wonder what the dent resistance is for this material, if it protects the paint from very small dings?  I also wonder long term, if you leave it on, will you see similar rust bubbling like what happened with vinyl roofs?

signart

Dent protection would be very, very minimal. Typical is about 4 mil thickness with lamination. It would protect the paint from scratches, abrasion & fading, but the printed material itself is not scratch resistant. There are some camo & graphite wrap materials that are pretty durable. Wrap material is applied over painted surfaces and plastics and chrome, and is not breathable, so I don't think rust is going to be an issue.
Art D. Woody

jeremy9146

Jeremy Weiss Bridgewater, NJ
Current collection of Cadillac’s
1953 Eldorado
1959 Eldorado Biarritz

cadillac ken

Ridiculous.

Looks like it was a nice car paint-wise. I don't get it.  ::)

Patina?  I'ts not a Ming Dynasty Vase.  That word is way over used. It's an aged car.  As is, as found, unrestored,  I get it. 
To "wrap" a decent car to make it look like an aged hunk of junk?  I just don't get it.

Ken in FL

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute