News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CURRENT LONG TIME CLC MEMBER TURNS 100 !!

Started by Carl Fielding, April 16, 2017, 04:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fielding

Maybe I have been asleep at the wheel , or late to the party , BUT : I have been aiding one of my recent recruits , Stuart Campbell of Australia , with his newly acquired 1922 Type 61 4-5 pass coupe. We are presently ISO the scarce and somewhat fragile top cover to his engine. This carries the rocker shafts upon which pivot the roller finger followers for valve actuation. Stuart is emailing , I am cold calling , Type 61 owners at appropriate hours in their respective time zones. 2 have no email. The first of these 2 members I called a few hours ago is Paul Bush , CLC #1506 in Texas. Mr. Bush has 2 other great old Cadillacs in addition to his Type 61 road(!!)ster. A "Big 4" 1913 touring , and a 1929 convertible coupe. I spoke to an employee who gave me the uplifting news that Mr. Bush turned a sharp , alert 100 last week !!! Was this noted somewhere where my scatterbrained self missed it ? Was this simply another "upcoming birthday" notation with all the others ? It is hard for me to imagine that this would have been just one of many such congratulations. I don't know if there was any awareness at all by CLC , or if I may be in fact one of few members who missed it. Was this in the Self Starter that evaded my attention ? Surely other members in Texas know him , but did any of them realize he was to turn 100 ? At any rate , if you are so moved , look him up in the directory. He most likely would enjoy hearing from us fellow members by way of a snail mail birthday card. Perhaps especially , in that he may have some time on his hands. He only recently stopped coming into the office fairly frequently ! And near the younger end of the CLC age spectrum , Stuart Campbell is still in his 20s. He has that wonderful Aussie "Can do" attitude. Rapidly learning and doing everything necessary to get that fine looking , rare bodied "61" back on the road. It had been represented as "ready to drive and enjoy.........etc". But did that get our Stuart down ? With his enthusiasm and sleeves rolled up , I expect he is also tough enough to make 100 !  Not quite that old , Carl
                                           Happy Easter !

Scot Minesinger

The GN 2018 is in TX.  Perhaps we could get Mr. Bush then 101 to attend. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty