News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Gasoline tanks

Started by jgreene, April 16, 2017, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgreene

I have a 1950 Cadillac that needs a new gas tank, and sending unit.  Ethanol has destroyed the hose between the filler tube and the gas tank, so that will need to be replaced as well.  Who is the best source to purchase gas tanks, and sending units from?
Thank you
Jim Greene
Jim Greene

Jay Friedman

I got mine for my '49 from Kanter's in Boonton NJ and I'm totally satisfied with it.  If anything, it seems to be better constructed than the original.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Jeff Hansen

I bought the tank and sending unit for my '41 from Auto City Classic.  They show they have the tank and sending unit for '50:

http://www.autocityclassic.com/1950-1953/

For the filler hose, I bought that from Filler Neck Supply:

http://www.fillernecksupply.com/

HTH,
Jeff

edit by Jeff: add additional information.
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

bcroe

I've had some tanks reconditioned by RENU.  Impressive results, good experience
so far, not many years yet.  Bruce Roe

jgreene

Thank you for your replies.
Jim Greene
Jim Greene

60 Special

You might check out a company in Monticello Ia. Tanks Inc. They are an actual manufacturer of fuel tanks. From what I have seen they run $100 to $250 less than the vendors who are just passing along a product with a markup. They don't list Cadillac in a category but, if you go into the Buick, Olds, or other GM they list the dimensions and neck distance from the end of tank etc. I found one for my 41 60 Special in the Buick section. I have seen some suppliers listing these $250 tanks for $500 and they even show in pictures the "Tanks Inc." logo on the tank. Save yourself some hard earned cash and check out their website.
60 Special