News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac Instrument / Gauges / Cluster new design.

Started by narnone, April 26, 2017, 03:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narnone

I have a 1967 Eldorado I am restoring.
I am modifying some items on the Eldorado.
This covers the Gauges/Cluster

My cluster was rusted and needed a restoration.
I had several choices, Restore my cluster, buy a good used cluster or have a custom cluster made.
I choose to have a custom cluster made by Dakota Digital.
Below are images of the Cluster.
I wanted to make the cluster backlit, like today's gauges. I had the lettering done in white and the needles are also white during the day, but light up red at night.
I originally tried to have it look like the original gauges, no tachometer but with a sweeping speedometer, They could not do this.
Between Dakota Digital and myself, we settled on this design.
The speedo and tach are centered with the wheel. The blinkers, cruise, high beams and check engine light are between the speedo and tach so they are centered with the wheel.
The clock is set to the side as the original was.
This is a double layered board. The pivot points of the fuel, oil, volts and temp are hidden.
The pictures show the cluster in the original Eldorado's housing.
Nick Arnone
Shavertown, PA 18651
570-760-7956
Email: narnone@hlsm.com
1959 21' Century Coronado
1956 26' Chris Craft Continental
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - Normandy Blue
1977 Cadillac Seville San Remo - White
1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Pace Car (Mark Donahue's VIP car)
1978 Lincoln Town Coupe Convertible (Custom) - Blue

DeVille68

looks good!
Not my taste, because I love originality and the style and feeling of the original gauges. But, it is nicely done. If you modify the car anyways, it my look good in ensemble.
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)