News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Fleetwood featured on new TV series

Started by Eldo66, May 13, 2017, 11:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldo66

I was pleased to see that a new series on the Starz network, called "American Gods", has a black 1966 Fleetwood that the lead characters drive across the country.  And also features the Fleetwood in its promotional photo.  See attached. 

At first I thought that this car might be the iconic one that Ralph Messina restored.  But this particular one has leather seats so it is not Ralph's car.  Also has Missouri plates.  Perhaps a forum member will recognize this particular car. 

I concur with the (numerous) posts on this forum that the 1966 Fleetwoods may well represent the pinnacle of postwar Cadillac design, luxury, and craftsmanship.  And am pleased that the show's producers selected a black 1966 Fleetwood (from thousands of other possible candidates) as a vehicle fit for pagan gods to drive across the U.S. 

That said, I fast-forwarded through the show looking for scenes of the Fleetwood - and noticed that it contains some extremely violent and disturbing ones as well.  So this post is not an endorsement of "American Gods" as a whole ...

Regards,
P. Nesbitt

1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats

WTL

Funny you mention this.  Two night ago, my wife and I couldnt find anything on tv.  Mainly so we could make fun of something, we turned on Walker Texas Ranger.

The episode, titled "Desperate Measures", centers largely around a couple murderous, bankrobbing criminals who made the masterful decision to do all their dirty deeds in a resale red, 1970 Cadillac convertible.  It was good TV. 

59-in-pieces

AMERICAN GODS.......FREAKY STORY LINES.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher