News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1978 Eldorado power antenna

Started by dennisoates, May 18, 2017, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillactim

Looks like someone removed the brushes/wiring connector from the motor. They may have removed the cover and taken out that wiring for some strange reason.

Tim
Tim Groves

dennisoates

Hi Tim,
I purchased this car last year from the original owner, . I was surprised the antenna had been tampered with. The car is in very good shape and had not been driven in 13 years. there is 51,000 miles on it now. I hope thats the only thing thats been "worked" on. What do you suggest i do with the antenna? Can it be salvaged?

cadillactim

As  long as the cb mast is not badly bent or broken the antenna can probably be repaired.

Tim
Tim Groves

dennisoates

Tim, the mast is in good condition . would you be interested in working on it? Also can you help me with the cruise control? Im getting it narrowed down. the vacuum control valve and solenoid valve check out with proper ohms, but neither will click when i wire direct to a battery. and the red controller did not pass a leak test with multimeter, do you think all three things need replacing? thanks dennis

cadillactim

Yes, I can look at your antenna.. You can call me after Monday at 864-348-7732 or email me at tagroves@wctel.net

Common problem with cruise is electric "eye" in speedometer goes bad.

Tim
Tim Groves