News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Converting my !957 fleetwood 60 series to a H.E.I. system...???

Started by Saw92345, May 21, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw92345

Hi there everyone, I was just trying to swap out my points distributor on my fleetwood for a H.E.I. system that I purchased from a junkyard and after removing my old one and comparing the two, my old one is longer and has a larger diameter casting then the one I pulled from an early model gm at the junk yard. Is there a car that I could remove one from that would fit in my stock 57 fleetwood 60 series?
I`m sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I guess I`m here because I just don`t know. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Stephen

35-709

Much easier and more cost effective in my opinion to go with a Pertronix system.  Powerful electronic ignition setup that fits inside your stock distributor.  This Pertronix II kit on eBay would be just right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PerTronix-Ignitor-2-II-Coil-for-Buick-Cadillac-V8-w-Delco-Distributor-1956-74-/151171884799?fits=Year%3A1957%7CMake%3ACadillac&hash=item23328be6ff:g:fSoAAMXQHxVRgAZ4&vxp=mtr

I have installed several in various older Cadillacs over the years and have never had a problem with any of them. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2