News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

58 in 57 Exhaust chrome

Started by 60eldo, May 21, 2017, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Can I use 58 bumper exhaust deflectors in a 57 car?   They dont have the hole cut but could I make them work???  Are the 58s the same except for the hole cut for the exhaust?
Jon. Klu

Jon S

They are the same but why not follow the '58 tail pipe angle and avoid the through the bumper and associated corrosion?
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

gary griffin

I am with Jon on this one.  My bumper inserts are OK to paint or even plate but I rerouted the exhaust discharge under the car similar to the 58. Now to figure out how to make it look OK? 
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Bill Balkie 24172

I have the 57 Eldorado model with the exhaust coming thru the bumpers . i just got tired of cleaning them . Had the pipe rerouted and always looks clean . Took me 10 years of going back and forth  should i or shouldn't  I . I am very happy with the choice i made to reroute  . However , nothing looks better then the exhaust coming out of those exhaust  ports on a cold crisp day in October

Bill .
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS