News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

33 Cadillac May Be Another "Christine"

Started by rochestergremlin, May 22, 2017, 01:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rochestergremlin

So, it's me again, the guy with the 1933 Cadillac.  I've been tracing the car's history by going through the pile of documents that were left in the trunk, and I've got a pretty good idea of the car's history.  It was purchased by a surgeon.  He and his wife kept the car at their summer house in Boring OR.  After his death in 1957, the car was sold to a collector who lived in Buffalo NY.  The collector drove the car from Oregon all the way to Buffalo.  Then in 1959, the collector moved to Macedon NY.  For the record, the collector was the father of the man from whom I bought the car.
I got an E-Mail from the guy yesterday and he told me why he wanted to sell it so badly.  His father (the collector) DIED IN IT!  He suffered a fatal heart attack in the driver's seat on April 9, 2016.  I bought the car from him just a month later.
I'm just hoping that the car doesn't start killing people, although the ability to rebuild itself would be quite useful...
So, if something happens to me in the future, you know the car did it.

rochestergremlin

People keep asking for pictures of my 1933 Cadillac, so here are some...

Jeepers Creepers

I hope ya wife doesn't read that post.
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

So the collector bought the car in 1957. And died in it 2016. He owned the car 59 years.
If the car would have been Christine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_(novel)) it should have happened earlier. So no need to worry.

If your newly bought car would be a Plymouth maybe you would have a reason to worry. But it ain't. Just don't buy a black 1957 Cadillac Limousine (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cadillac_(film)

m-mman

1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Pretty silly decision on the part of the son if you ask me. Without a doubt, it is the deal of a lifetime - or three. The father should be spinning in his grave.

What a better way to go than behind the wheel of a Cadillac.  8)

Again, congratulations.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

camelot

That is one classy car! I've been to many car shows in my area and you just don't see those cars any more. Even a big show in Southbury Connecticut only had 1 large series Pontiac that was gorgeous like yours. Treasure that car, they will never make cars like that again. Only 3 owners!
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

Series75

I ALWAYS ask, 'In the Car?' When an estate tells me the owner died.   

m-mman

In the Edsel world there is a well known 1959 convertible where the 'collector' owner (as opposed to a used car owner) committed suicide in it by running it in a closed garage. Known as the 'suicide car' it has since been though several owners and nobody has reported any hauntings.

About 1975 a good friend bought a mint 46/8 F75 limo where its owner rolled up the divider window then ran a vacuum cleaner hose from the exhaust and died in the rear compartment. Never had any problems with that one either.

Haunted cars? I have never seen one and likely there are many more 'death cars' out there than are known.

I read one report that estimated that as many as 25% of the hotel/motel rooms have had someone die in them (natural or otherwise) . . . but I have never seen a ghost in one of them either.  :-\
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634