News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Identifying 1939 Cadillac hood and fenders

Started by ctthcsc, July 21, 2017, 03:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctthcsc

Hello, I have two matching fenders and a hood off a 1939 cadillac. I am trying to identify what models they came from. Up front I apologize for my ignorance on Caddy models! And thanks in advance for the help. What I know: both fenders have tire carriers. The car was a four door with a large sunroof.

AlpineEdelweiss

The car was probably a 60 Special or a 6119 Touring Sedan -  fender-mounted spares and the "Sunshine Turret Top" sunroof were available on both models (according to the options and price guide, page 264)

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Cadillac/1939_Cadillac_VVI.pdf

You wouldn't happen to have a good spare tire cover hinge for sale?

Thanks,
Peter
CLC#29908

lou-q

Peter,
I have an extra side mount hinge for a 39.
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

ctthcsc

Thank so much for the info! I got stuck with these years ago. I have been storing them for over fifteen years and now I have lost my lease so it time to find them a new home.

-Tom