News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 CADILLAC DASH - BURL WOODGRAINED

Started by rmartin1, July 23, 2017, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmartin1

Greetings All! 

Introduction: My name is Ron Martin. I am from Modesto, CA. I am a long time self-employed commercial artist. I've been buying (and sadly selling) collectors cars for forty years or so. For many years I looked for someone to provide quality woodgraining for a number of cars I've owned over the years. Never did find anything that didn't look totally hand done. Some were actually pretty atrocious. I finally figured - "heck, I can do this!" and decided to learn the craft and apply my decades of experience and artistic talent to the task at hand - my first love - old cars!

Eventually, I plan to retire from my artwork business (if it doesn't kill me first) and utilize my time and talent to provide woodgraining for folks that are looking for quality work. (like I used to do). For now, I immensely enjoy the creativity and craftsmanship of producing woodgrained dashes and moldings, which I'll sell from time to time.

That being said - presented here, for your consideration and sale, is an example of my workmanship as applied to this noble 1941 Cadillac Dash. I have woodgrained this dash using the correct burl woodgrain pattern and base coat colors. (Please note - I've placed a radio cover in the center for visualization purposes. Trim piece is not included).

I was actually planning on installing this dash in my own 41 convertible. Sadly, it looks like I'll be selling the car
in the near future - (another casualty of the wonderful cash flow roller coaster of being self-employed) ...so I've decided to sell this dash rather than install it in my car. Dash presently in the car is nice, but it's hand done.

I'm looking for $1250+ shipping for the dash and box lid. Sorry if this price seems high. Please keep in mind that my price includes the parts themselves (the Dash Panel and Glove Box lid) AND the restoration and extensive labor I have into it. If you're interested in this dash - make me a fair offer. Ultimately, this dash would look ALOT better installed in your car, rather than sitting on my shelf. Also - to save you some money, I would be open to receiving your un-restored dash in trade if its in usable condition. Inquire.

Lastly - If you wish to acquire this dash for your car - and need to have garnish moldings woodgrained, I'm available to woodgrain your parts to match the dash as a separate sideline project.

Thank you for consideration and for reading this long text. Please advise if you are interested or have any questions.

Best regards,
Ron Martin
Modesto, CA

ron@imageservices.co
www.imageservices.co
www.vetsfoundation.org

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Just a note. On one picture it said "all Series." That is not correct. A convertible dash will be correct for 1941 6219 sedan, 1941 6227 coupe and the respective convertibles, and the Series 75 cars.

Series 61 fast backs and Series 63 sedan and Series 67 are all the same.

Series 60S is different as well. You may know this and pardon my "correction" if you do. It is beautiful work. Best of luck. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

rmartin1

Egads! Thank you B.W. for your Eagle eye!!!!  I just took a crash course in 41 Cadillac dashes today. Wow. I had assumed they were ALL the same. After some study, I can see that most have throttle knob and the windshield wiper in the center of the dash. Apparently a few others are physically smaller, both in depth and width. These smaller dashes have the wiper knobs right up against the garnish moldings very near the windshield.(apparently to compensate for the shallower depth of the dash). Who knew!?

I guess a person can learn something new every day. Oddly enough, I Still haven't come across any dash that is missing the throttle knob. Still looking for what model features that surprise little feature ... or LACK of feature as it were. Once I figure it out - I'll update my info.  Not to worry though ... if anyone needs a 41 Cadillac dash, I have several other different dashes on hand that I am presently working on that possess all of the aforementioned feature differences.

Sorry for any confusion. Rookie mistake I guess. I have ZERO interest in deceiving anyone. I guess I've been super - focused on the graining these items rather than finding the "Where's Waldo" subtle but definite differences. I truly thought they were the same! Thanks to member B.W! Your sharp eye and greater knowledge brought to light that there ARE differences in 41 dashes. I'll definitely be correcting my description to insure that this particular dash ends up going to the right home. Stay tuned for its close cousins ...  ..."Shallow Shorty and the Throttle Knob job." I'll post them as I get them finished.

Best regards,
Ron Martin
Modesto, CA