News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What a ride it gave!!

Started by William65 CLC#30475, September 12, 2017, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William65 CLC#30475

Hello members well the fruits of my labor have shown themselves in the most rewarding way..It was time for some house keeping for the Fleetwood, a good wash and hand wax (phew!!) then a little Mothers Chrome polish for the trim, then buffed the body as best i could..then to the DMV and $185.00 later ($105 tax based on low book value of $1800)and were legal now!!

Then off for a good ride here far Northern Vermont, we did about 200 miles with the FWB if you ever have the chance to ride the roads up in these parts, it's perfect beautiful peaceful drive for miles and miles. Your lucky to see another car for sometime, just a great place to enjoy this vehicle as it was meant to be.

The verdict? well acceleration flawless!! air ride system did its job wonderfully! brakes? well,don't be drinking any beverages if a deer runs out in front you..a couple of concerns that iv'e noticed, the front end needs slight attention typical for it's age (ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.) it did wonder very slightly from time to time. Oil change light not shutting off, the radio works (at times) power antenna has one position up!

Just a wonderful day, not to mention my lady was very happy to have shared this experience with me, and the best thing about it is she supports me in every aspect of working on these FWB's.
Because sometimes the challenges can be overwhelming, and you ask yourself "is this really worth it"?                                          and your answer is YES!!

And for those of you wondering, yes the FWB has found a space in the garage :) 

1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
and many others in the past..
Chris..

Dan LeBlanc

I agree with you on the drive through Vermont.  It is lovely.  When we went to the Grand National in Lake George in 2014, we veered off at Skowhegan, ME and went through the back roads of ME, NH, and VT to Lake George.  Yes, it took a few hours longer to get there, but we were in no rush.  We stopped for the night at Lancaster, NH the first night before heading off the next day.  Roads were great, the car never got pushed driving for hours on end doing 75 on the highway, and I have to say, I'd do the trip again.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

William65 CLC#30475

Dan for sure i do consider myself lucky to live up in these parts if you love the outdoors and back roads that never seem to end. The only problem i see is that there is not a a lot if any people who own these older Cadillac's, i think you have to go west of the green mountains, or into far southern Vermont to find these gems.

Some day i will make it to an event such as the one you mentioned.

Chris
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
and many others in the past..
Chris..

Dan LeBlanc

I hear you!  When you come as far east as I am in NB, not many of us here either.  There are a few, but I can count us on my fingers that I know of.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car