News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Storage revisited,, 73 eldo 63 cdv

Started by kkkaiser, November 12, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkkaiser

well, we are dryer mountain desert in this part,, we get snow, but not as much as one would think being at the north entrance of Yellowstone but, the logistics of moving cars to areas with storage is tough, 55 miles to nearest storage facility,, have to find someone to take off work to make the ride and follow me.. it will be parked in front of one of my houses on the street south facing, covered with the budge car cover. so solar radiance keeps things from accumulation too much in this part of the state.   I am only going to be gone for about 4 months, five at most, and moving cars is about a thousand if i use a car hauler,, and then another grand for the trip back,, i do it twice a year. so it could get costly.  The eldo is running pretty good, so i decided to leave it in MT,, and the 63 cdv has a PS leak and oil pump leak, so want to take it home and try to fix these leaks while the weather is good down there,,at this point in my planning, its about the best i can do right now,, the cars finish to begin with is not a show finish, so while I'm concerned, I'm not concerned,,my concern is the engine, and it doesnt sound like, if i use the stabilizer products, fill er up with hi test and un do the battery, i should be ok upon return.  at least i hope,