News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

‘49 Fuel Tank install.

Started by Luvrv8, November 13, 2017, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luvrv8

Doing a frame off on a ‘49 conertable. As luck has it I didn’t take a good picture on how the tank straps secure to the frame. Can anyone help me out or point me to a place I might get some help

Joe V

Snapped a couple of my convertible tank straps.  First picture is towards the rear.  Good luck with the restore.

Luvrv8

Thanks for the quick reply. The owner bought new straps and I believe now they are incorrect. You have made my day better with the photos, thank you again kind sir. Here is where I am, just started assembly of the frame.

Joe V

Nice and clean.  Frame off is serious work but the end result is always beautiful and gratifying and a 49 convertible is the most beautiful model in my slightly biased opinion ;)

Luvrv8

The car belongs to a friend, all I am doing is the frame rptear down and rebuild. Body is ready for paint at the body shop. Engine and trans were both rebuilt and hoping to install those late next week. I guess I should start a thread in the correct area, if someone else needs pics hopefully they can find them there

49 Convertible

When reconnecting the fuel line to tank make sure you insert the brass insert between the fuel line fitting and the tank  fitting otherwise you will have a bad leak.  The fitting is about 1/2 inch long and is flared to mate to the fuel line. (it acts as a spacer)
Herman Desser
clc # 19416