News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Anyone with an EFI 75-79?

Started by collector, November 16, 2017, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

collector

How important is the little clip on the bottom of the choke heater plunger? Or is it basically a guide and not a retainer?

bcroe

Must be important, or they wouldn't have spent the money for
it.  Keep that delicate valve cleaned up for proper operation. 
Bruce Roe, EFI 79 Eldo owner for 22 years.

John Madan

This same system is used in the 1980 California emissions Seville. Funny system it is in closed loop all the time. Coolant temp sensor very important. It won't start when cold without it working. You need a GM J25400 analyzer to test the system. I bought one from a GM dealer, very complicated machine
2 almost perfect 1984 Seville s 1 is rare touring edition with every available option 1980 Classic Seville diesel that is being restored 1981 and 1982 Seville Roadster 1982 is beyond perfect 1985 base Seville 1978 Eldorado beyond perfect. I have done almost every procedure in the GM shop manual on the Seville if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me

bcroe

Quote from: John Madan
This same system is used in the 1980 California emissions Seville. Funny system it is in closed loop all the time. Coolant temp sensor very important. It won't start when cold without it working. You need a GM J25400 analyzer to test the system. I bought one from a GM dealer, very complicated machine 

Yes and used in the 80 CA Eldo too.  Its pretty hard to get enough gas
to start without the coolant sensor, but it has no effect once the engine
is hot.  Pouring some gas in the throttle body might get it started, you
can also turn on the ign and quickly pump it a few times to get extra gas. 
pumping it while cranking doesn't do anything. 

Did you try the J25400 analyzer out, what was your impression?  Can
it read any message from the OX sensor processor?  I have a couple
that could be gotten working, but I test the ECUs on my own test
bench.  How is it always closed loop, what loop?    Bruce Roe