News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 convertible windows

Started by lishka, January 17, 2018, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lishka

driver side window doesn't meet the rear window front edge to low when try to adjust it  the window cracked its to low by a 1\4 to 3]8 inch any ideas. Is the coupe window the same as convertible

Roger Zimmermann

Sorry, I don't understand what you try to explain...A picture would be more efficient. I just can tell that convertible door windows are not the same as the ones for a closed coupe.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

lishka

thank you for the replay let me try again the rear quarter window front edge is higher then the back edge on my front window bye 1\4 inch when i tried to adjust the front window  up the front window cracked

Roger Zimmermann

Then you may have to lower the quarter window; the pivot is adjustable. Compare with the other side and of course, check with the roof rail which is adjustable too, to some extend. As I restored a '56 convertible, I know that it's not easy. Without to know what you did exactly, it's hard to make a diagnostic over Internet.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

lishka

thank you again   what is the difference in a coupe window and a convertible one

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: lishka on January 18, 2018, 06:19:26 PM
thank you again   what is the difference in a coupe window and a convertible one
A different part number. Cannot say more than that.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

lishka