News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'60 Barritz Park/Fog light bulb

Started by Whit, June 08, 2016, 05:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

Anyone know where I can get a park/fog bulb for my '60 Biarritz? The bulb says TS 1074 (I assume it is a Tung Sol product). Can't find any as of yet. Where to look?

Thanks  Whit

Roger Zimmermann

Some time ago, I bought maybe 10 or 12 pieces at Yesteryear www.car-nection.com/yesteryear The owner is Dave Soltow; he still may have some.
I still have some in stock, but I have the impression it would be silly to send them back to the US!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Whit

Thanks Roger...I will check it out.

Whit

J. Gomez

Quote from: Whit on June 08, 2016, 05:22:16 PM
Anyone know where I can get a park/fog bulb for my '60 Biarritz? The bulb says TS 1074 (I assume it is a Tung Sol product). Can't find any as of yet. Where to look?

Thanks  Whit

Whit,

Check this thread it relates to the same topic on the TS1074, http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=141018.0

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Whit

J
Contacted Dave Stoltow at www.car-nection.com/yesteryear as you suggested. He has TS 1074 bulbs in stock. Ordered mine today. Thanks for the reference.

Whit

Roger Zimmermann

Glad to see that one of my supplier's address was useful! Than man is not the cheapest, but he has good stuff.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

60eldo

Is this what your looking for, its from my 60 eldo
Jon. Kluczynski

n2caddies

Thought I would add from my own experience regarding the TS1074 fog light bulb. If you try to use the cheaper after market bulbs that are advertised on Ebay or sold by Cadillac vendors on line the brighter cp parking light on those repop bulbs in the inner fog light "pods" will not match the stock bulb lower cp used in the outer light "pods" when the lights are in the parking light setting. It just does not look right as all 4 lights should match in brightness. Can only achieve the correct look with the TS 1074 bulb. For some reason the reproduction people did not figure out to match the original  cp ratings for the two filaments.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: n2caddies on June 11, 2016, 11:12:50 PMCan only achieve the correct look with the TS 1074 bulb. For some reason the reproduction people did not figure out to match the original  cp ratings for the two filaments.
Randy
Probably because that way, they can sell that repro bulb for 1054 and 1074 applications. The 1054 bulb has 2 filaments with the same cp.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Whit

I realized that some of the 1074 aftermarket bulbs have a shorter shaft below the circular flange. This can create a problem with the spring contacts in the connector well not reaching the bulb contacts. Also, the intensities don't match. I thought all 1074 bulbs would present the same lumens, apparently not so.

Johnny K.:  Yes, that looks like the bulb.

Looking for a TS 1074

Whit