News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Climate control for the 79 Fleetwood Brougham

Started by Barry M. Wheeler #2189, October 23, 2006, 10:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

I am having fits with my 79 Brougham. And the shivers. Air is blowing full cold. I have a shop manual and have eliminated the following. Dash sensor was switched from a correctly operating 79 CDV. Ditto, the control head package. Programer was supposed to be NOS that is now in the car. Fan speed is correct for all positions, and the fans do not start until the car is warmed up, as per normal. Any thoughts before I try switching the programer from the working car? Had a new water valve undere the hood before I bought the car. Worked fine last winter.

Porter

Barry,

A quick comment from Mike Jones the ex-Cadillac mechanic.

Im far from the expert, but he should look and see if the programmer is moving the blend door as he changes the temp on the dial.

His shop manual will be more use than me on this one. There should be a diagnostic procedure to follow in there.

Bringing this back to the top for you, good luck.

Porter

Porter

Another thought, make sure both the heater hoses are hot. If one is warm and the other cool, there is a restriction, either a plugged heater core or a defective water valve.

If both hoses are cool, check the other hoses and if they are only warm, replace the thermostat.

Remember the basics.

Porter

Barry,

Let us know when the problem is solved, you must be darned near an expert at this point on the 79 climate control system.

Dont you just love these hi-tech systems the General gave us ?

Granted the KISS system is better but wealthy people want bells and whistles, within the factory warranty, of course.

Porter