News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac CDV Front End Upper Bushings Recomendation

Started by Mick Harrison, December 18, 2008, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Harrison

I have found a few manufactures like Moog, Spicer, & Napa as well as a few part store brands.

What is the general consensus on the best aftermarket upper a-arm bushing for our cars?

In advance I appreciate your guidance!

Mick

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Mick,
I've had good luck using both Moog and AC Delco.  It is the installation that is critical.  They have to be installed with a gentle hand, not a large hammer for any measure of longevity.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Dave Shepherd

There is a contol arm bushing tool set made expressly for this job, cost about 175 and will do a lot of different brands also.

Mick Harrison

Quote from: Dave Shepherd on December 18, 2008, 01:57:15 PM
There is a contol arm bushing tool set made expressly for this job, cost about 175 and will do a lot of different brands also.
I hope I got the correct one E-Bay last night.  ( Item # 200251417702 - Upper Control Arm Bushing Service Set )

Greg do you have a recommended source?

I greatly appreciate the help!

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Mick,
On the 4 cars I've replaced front bushings on I took the upper and lower control arms and the new bushings to a local machine shop I use and they did the work. 
Sorry, there are some specialty tools I don't have. 
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Mick Harrison

The Upper Control Arm Bushing Service Set worked like a charm!  Didn't have to pop the ball joints to replace the upper a-arm bushings, took me about 6 hours to replace everything but I took my time and was in no rush for the project so I bet it could be done even quicker.

I went with Rock Auto for some new Moog Bushings.

It is like a new car the front end tracks perfectly and no more questionable noises!   ;D

I appreciate everyones help!