News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 cadillac

Started by Roland Ericsson, January 19, 2005, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Ericsson

Afetr about 20 years of admiring the 59, I finally found a Coupe DeVille in very good condition.  It is now in my garage waiting for spring to arrive.  The windshield washer is however missing (jar, pump,etc.).  Could somebody please tell me what the correct equipment should look like.  Is the jar made of glass or plastic?  Does it have an internal or external pump?  Is it the same as other GM models/other years?

Thankful for any help I can get.

Roland Ericsson
Long Island, NY

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Roland, congratulations on your acquisition!! How exciting for you.
I would suggest you check Kanters or USA Parts Supply.  Either should have what you are looking for.  I believe the pump is on top of the jar thingie (a technical term) that is fed with vacuum tubes from the engine to the nozzles up by the windshield.  
Anyway I have had great luck at both sites getting what I need for my 56.

steve

Roland,
Your Cadillac should have a glass jar that goes in the bracket on the wheelwell. The washer pump is built into the wiper motor below the cowl grill. Follow your washer hoses, should be three, one to the washer jar and two to each spray nozzel.
Good Luck, Steve