News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

heater in 1938 La S 5019

Started by Rhino 21150, May 15, 2005, 11:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

My four door sedan has a heater that hangs under the dash on the passenger side, with ducts for the defroster. I have been told that this car should have heater(s) under the front seat. Which is it? BTW, the heater I have is wonderful! And painted the same chocolate brown as the rest of the interior.

Brad Ipsen CLC#737

1940 was the first year for underseat heaters from the info I have seen.  1939 was the first year for the ventilating heater which picked up outside air.  In 1940 one had the choice of 3 heater systems.  The one like you have in the 38 (with a different door arrangement), the ventilating heater (looked the same as yours but picked up outside air) or the under the seat heaters with a separate defroster up under the dash.