News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

History of my 1958 Fleetwood (Ohio car)

Started by J.J. Laakso, January 15, 2018, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J. Laakso

Hi everyone!

Finally got my '58 Sixty Special home (from Ohio to Finland, Europe) and I would like to know is there any way to learn about the history of the car and it's previous owners?

The only things I have is that the plates are 1958 Ohio plates, number K 65 K and that the rear bumper has an old AAA Cleveland Automobile Club sticker on it. Sadly the club is dead and gone, so I can not ask there.

Any hints what I should do next?

D.Smith

No not really.    The Historical service the club and factory offer will not show the selling dealers name nor the original purchaser.

Contacting the Ohio motor vehicle department is also a waste of time as they won't give out owner information or past history.

The only way to really trace the history is through paperwork that comes with the car, if any.   If you are lucky the car has the selling dealer-owner information listed in the owners manual or service warranty card.

I wouldn't waste your money on hiring those Trace your cars history services.   Privacy acts will not allow DMV departments to release any information nowadays.

V63

I had that search history done (5year). All i had was license plate number, and I was AMAZED it gave me the owners information, ironically whom was sitting area judge!

J.J. Laakso

That's a real bummer!

Especially the early days, what dealership and who was the first owner, would be interesting to know. The car came with the original owners manual, but there was no dealer or owner information on it.

The previous owner knows the owner before him, but it ends there.  And that covers only few years of the whole 60 years.

J.J. Laakso

Now all I have is a name and a city from early 1980s that somehow are connected to the car. Might not be a former owner.

Boyd W. Lorain, Ohio. And I don't even know what the W. stands for..

I also have two other names and their address from that same period, but I will not post those here. Checked the white pages and those persons don't live at that address anymore.

I've googled and searched the white pages with every possible combination I could think of, with no luck.

Any new hints based on these new "finds" are very welcome!