News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Factory Black/red 1964 Cadillac Convertible FS on Ebay

Started by Cadcliff, February 01, 2012, 08:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadcliff

Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible

R Schroeder

I believe it to be 151,xxx miles on the car. Oil change sticker on the door says 57014, 34 years ago.

The Tassie Devil(le)

And the condition of the trunk matting shows that it is a high-useage vehicle.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadcliff

The car was titled in 1979 as title only, not registered. So I am figuring it was not on the road since 1979 or earlier. Trunk mat is not really all that bad, certainly would have been better if it were nicer and they had not used it for storage.
Side interior panels, steering wheel, dash pad are all very nice original. The carpets however look way to nice. The exhaust system on the car also appears to be original for what its worth.
The car is so tight, and drives and handles very nicely.
I have had 150K+ mileage cars that were incredible pieces over the years, have also had some 200 mile original cars that were awful-those being factory Mopar hi-Po cars that were raced. ;)

Not sure what to make of the door jamb sticker now....could be a "typo". Not that hard to confuse a 7 with a 1 when some oil change guy takes a quick peak inside. When I brought the car home a few months ago, the brakes were "new" and the engine oil was perfectly clear. The previous owner died in 1985, I know the car was never used after that and I am assuming it was parked shortly after being serviced. Especially since the 1979 issued title, say "Title Only" on it.

There are over 40 cars still left in the estate, over the years I have been able to buy 8 cars. I was told there were over 70 cars at the time of his death in 1985.

The original seat leather was borderline, I really wanted to work with it and leave it as original as possible, the back seat was Very nice, the front drivers seat had some separation. The leather did soften up and was "useable" but just not quite nice enough.

Gas a brake pedal wear is very minimal, under dash wiring is very clean, doors open and close like a low mileage car does.

No option car...Love the factory Black over Red, I am figuring the car came from some where else, Arizona is kind of warm place not to have AC.
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible