Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A used but excellent Cadillac Hearse or Ambulance Adjustable Chrome Holder circa 1965-1972.
This is a piece that can be slotted into the rear end of the casket for a hearse and adjusted to hold it in place while the car is moving.  Removable rod fits into the hearse floor slots.  Can also be used at the top of the hearse.  Rubber pad prevents damage to the casket.  Large knob adjusts the tension. 2 rods keep the pad straight on. 
This piece came from my father's funeral home and we had a 1958 Cadillac hearse, and 1964 through 1980 Cadillac hearses.  A lot of these hearse pieces were the same year to year.
$50.00 plus shipping.

Email me for information: jaxops1@verizon.net
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1938 Heater/Defrost vents
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 04:28:12 AM »
Rich, this is a picture of the 1941 type. They have a larger hose fitting but have no 'offset' which is useful. The biggest question is this, do you have the vent slot holes in your dash?  My 38 coupe did not!  Without these, it's no good going any further.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: '48 346 ci engine in a 1937
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 04:22:56 AM »
Your right there Jim. It's been a while since I did mine. One of the many small details I have forgotten. I recall I had an engineer mill a small section out.
For Sale / Re: 1936 LaSalle Coupe Ebay
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 04:03:46 AM »
Something weird going on here. I checked eBay only on Monday and there was no sign of that car. Now it's gone.  Bet someone stepped in with big bucks so he withdrew it.   I don't think anyone would let that car go for that price.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 lasalle rear shock links
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 03:56:10 AM »
Whats the length and orientation of the studs Amol? and I'll compare them to 1941
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Bias ply vs radial
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 03:53:56 AM »
The downside is they cost about twice as much, and you can't get a 4" ww

They certainly do cost more, but in the long run, probably not. I dive my cars at least once a week for about 9 months of the year. One car I had for 30 years from 1982 wore out 3 sets of BF Goodrich Bias ply in 16 years, and the handling in the wet on dreadful English roads was not for the faint-hearted. In 1998 I fitted radials, the first I could find in 16" with a 2.5 whitewall. It transformed that car and I sold it in 2012 with the same set still on it. The latest owner tells me they are just about ready for replacement. So cheap in the long run.  My 37 has a set of Lester now bold after 7 years.

I don't understand running down the integrity of radials on this forum?? Virtually everything on the road has them and most are rated over 100 mph.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1938 Heater/Defrost vents
« Last post by Rich888 on Today at 03:19:42 AM »
Hi Johnny

Thanks for sparing the time to dig out you parts and take a look anyway.

Bob  – I’ll have a wiggle under the dash this weekend and see if I can get some basic measurements down. I guess the critical ones are the distance between the mounting holes and the width of the slot. If the angle of the inlet is slightly out I can probably “jiggle” it a bit to get it to work

Cheers

Rich
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Bias ply vs radial
« Last post by Carl Fielding on Today at 02:10:12 AM »
Do yourself a great big fat favor , Cadillac. Get the new 'Backs as David has. Have 'em put the WWWs on as you like. Be the first on YOUR block. I have run more radial on more Cadillac (and even a great many brand X and truck for over 50 years in all conditions over 3 continents and the skinny little strip that connects a couple of them - over a million miles) , than I can even remember. Only problem I EVER had was on a '72 SDV I pulled out of an apartment garage in L.A. Old tires , a couple (or all) , very low , maybe flat. Been sitting in one spot like that for several years. Now if you don't drive it much , more like to look at and work on it , throw anything on it. Radials are for road (and off road) , runners , and freeway flyers. If you ever have ANY tire START to vibrate , that is the warning. Slow WAY down until you get to the tire store. I have run high quality radials right down to the steel before I yanked them. I have got back to the shack after a 6 month adventure in Mexico with my modified off-road '71 Eldo droptop with 2 out of 7 tread plies cut through (the original B.F. Goodrich All Terrain Radial T/As) , never so much as a slow leak , much less a flat.     - Cadillac Carl

P.S. Alan would you please tell us the name of radials which have failed. If we are not allowed to bad mouth brands , rhyme them. For example : Stupor , Witche's Skin , Poker , Wood Beer , etc. Were your tires properly inflated to high speed or high speed plus spec. ? Thank you.  - CC
For Sale / 1940 Series 75 Limo $4500
« Last post by Giant Jason on Today at 12:37:27 AM »
No affiliation, just passing through seeing what's available:

https://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/d/1940-cadillac-75-series/6438681482.html
For Sale / 57 Cadillac parts- 365 engine, etc
« Last post by Giant Jason on Today at 12:33:24 AM »
No affiliation with this, but he has a bunch for reasonable prices.

https://augusta.craigslist.org/pts/d/1957-cadillac-parts-engine/6443774264.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10