Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
For Sale / Re: 1956 Sedan Deville Original Pink
« Last post by cmcadam@cox.net on January 18, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
Thanks Bobby, sent a PM.  waiting for a response!
General Discussion / Re: Just purchased two 1974 Talismans
« Last post by Joe Albanese on January 18, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
Congratulations upon the acquiring of your dream Cadillac's!!  My second Cadillac was exactly like your black '74, save for the interior.  Mine was triple black with black leather.  As I recall, the Series 60, was equipped with foot rests, among other special additions, not available on the other models, save for the Series 75 extended version.  I regret selling my Talisman, and being remorseful, I substituted the regular chrome wheel covers and kept for memory sake my black disc insert wheel covers.  Now in a box since 1984.  Long story short, I truly can relate to your Pride of Ownership of one of the most luxury appointed Fleetwood's of all times...  Best Regards, Joe Albanese
For Sale / Re: 1956 Sedan Deville Original Pink
« Last post by Bobby B on January 18, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
I would be interested in seeing your car in person.  I'm new to the CLC.  Not sure how to contact you.

Click on his name, and then click on the "PM" (Private Message) box. This will forward your message to him and it'll wind up in his Inbox. Send him your contact info in the "PM" so he can contact you direct. That car is a Gem... Good Luck!
                Bobby
Want To Buy / WTB: 48 and 49 Hydraulic Window Riser Mechanism
« Last post by Brad Ipsen CLC #737 on January 18, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
I am looking for the left hand drivers door hydraulic mechanism.  The right rear door on sedans is also the same and would be ideal since it would not have seen as much service as the left hand drivers door.  Condition of cylinder and springs unimportant.  Just need the mechanism with all the pivot points and bars.  Most all models will fit except the 75 series.
« Last post by Rich S on January 18, 2018, 08:29:52 PM »
Gorgeous cars! I'm so glad a "collector" got them! Enjoy and be safe in them! If I recall, the only year leather was offered on the Talisman was 1974. It would be great to see an exterior picture of the Pueblo Beige (but maybe you're waiting until those fillers are replaced--I don't blame you!) since I bet it's truly a rare beauty! Congratulations! 
« Last post by chrisntam on January 18, 2018, 08:26:06 PM »
That's what we do in our house.

Can't decide?  Get both!

Glad you got them!

8)
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1968 DeVille radiator overflow tank
« Last post by bcroe on January 18, 2018, 08:24:52 PM »
Some cars had the starter on the left, some on the right.  The battery would
be on the same side.  Multiple engine options would give dual battery positions,
they were both used on diesel cars.  On an Olds it would be on the left, except
a Toronado trans forced it to be moved to the right.  I think the same applied
to Cads.  Bruce Roe
« Last post by 76eldo on January 18, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Pueblo Beige with the leather is beautiful and so is the other one.

Great cars.  Many happy miles and welcome to the CLC Discussion Forum.

Brian
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1968 DeVille radiator overflow tank
« Last post by Bentley on January 18, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »
I bought a generic tank from the auto parts store and installed it where the second battery would go. What was the second battery for? Was that an option in 68?
Nicolas,

I have the shop manual and I downloaded the PDF files of the wiring diagram you posted. I printed it on large paper. When I was first looking at it, I thought, that's cool, they had a font that looked like handwriting back then. Then I realized, they didn't even have computers back then. The entire diagram was drawn by hand! It's remarkable the level of skill in drawing and lettering the engineers and draftsmen had back then.

I had to take the car to my mechanic to put it up on the lift to check the fusible link from underneath. I'll also check the 12OR wire to the blower relay as you suggested. Thanks.

Mark,

I'll do the hazard light test you suggested. After the constant power wire is connected to the correct terminal, I'll do the battery charge test.

Bruce,

If it fails the charge test above, I'll do the light bulb test.

Thanks for your help,

Wes
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]