News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz For Sale - 40,000 Original Miles

Started by needvwparts, March 23, 2010, 01:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

needvwparts

I am asking the experts on this site to advise me on this car is worth.  It is a one owner 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz.  Do you think $9,500 is a fair price?
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii320/needvwparts/1978%20Cadillac%20Eldorado%20Biarritz/

~ 40,000 original miles (no rollover)
garage kept
fully loaded - everything except sunroof
landau roof
ps / pb
am / fm / 8-track (factory installed)
leather
power windows & locks
power seats
cruise
A/C

Let me know you thoughts via this site or e-mail me at needvwparts@yahoo.com
Best Regards,
Darrell

76eldo

The market is not that great right now.

I have a 76 Eldorado Cp with 14K miles on it, and I felt the car was worth about $10,000.

I have had it on ebay several times, and the last time it bid to $7600.00.  Prior to that, it broke the $8000.00 reserve and bid to $9200.00, but the "winning bidder" turned out to be a deadbeat nutjob that bids on stuff as a hobby.  The $9100 and $9000 bidders cooled off to the car after the auction, which is another strange thing.

To answer your question, your car is worth between $6000.00 and $10,000.00 in my opinion, if it's super clean inside and out.  I did not examine every photo, but it looks like a really nice car.  Red cars also sell well, so I would think the car will sell if advertised properly.

These are just my opinions, and I am a hobbyist, not an expert.

Good Luck,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Darrell,
Not to be overly critical, but the pictures taken 4 years ago seem to show an engine compartment with the evidence of many miles, with the addition of some significant (for the stated mileage) weathering.
If you are buying the car, I would place it's value on what you want to do with it.  The pictuires (4 years old, again) show a car that is cosmetically acceptable.  If it is mechanically sound, and a thorough examination of all the components would be in order, I think between $3,500 and $4,000.00 is what I would expect to pay.  Again, that would depend on your intentions with the car.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

needvwparts

Many thanks for your opinions.  The car from what I know, was owned by a nice older gentleman.  He has since passed away and the family wishes to sell the car.  I am interested in purchasing the car, freshening it up (tires, battery, fluid changes, brakes - if needed, tune-up and a full detail) and perhaps re-selling.  I just don't want to loose my shirt in the process.  I am a Volkswagen guy, but always wanted to own a Cadillac (at least for a little while). 
The car I am told is in the same condition as the pictures from four (4) years ago.  It has been taken around the block quite often to keep things loose.  The mileage I am told is only ~40,000.  I will report more details as they are learned.
Darrell

Chris Conklin

Chris Conklin

needvwparts

Okay.  I will now be assisting the seller getting this car on e-Bay (or should I say e-BAD).
Best Regards,
Darrell

needvwparts

Gentleman - I have decided not to buy this .  Selling it on behalf of a friend.  $7,900 obo.  Interested in a no 'BS' deal.  Car is located in Detroit, MI.
Serious inquires only.  Just posted on Craigslist.  If not sold by Sunday it will go on e-Bay with 7-day auction.  Need this car gone.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii320/needvwparts/1978%20Cadillac%20Eldorado%20Biarritz/100_0094.jpg
Best Regards,
Darrell