News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

29 cad project

Started by jp1gt, March 31, 2022, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

jp1gt

She is a country girl at heart. If she tells me how to do something, I have her do it, she is a keeper----

CadillacGlasses

This is so cool! I love the rake the car had in the original picture. That lowered front end really makes the two tone body split look athletic.
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)

jp1gt

I am changing the frame color to black. Sandblasted it to scuff it up for painting and the powdercoating came off in lots of places--I am using por15 primer for the bare spots. that stuff really sticks!!!frame.jpg

jp1gt

OK went to the barn to find missing parts. Found some but found one impossible to find part. Anyone know what it is?part.jpg

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Oh Boy Jack !

Keep digging around that barn....This piece, that's in great shape, sits on top of the cowl, connecting the w/s frame with that large horse collar piece just behind the hood....

Every time you find a part like this you are putting money in your pocket !

These pictures of mine are from my restoration of my 29 Roadster...

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

jp1gt

every part I need that I find is like keeping money in my pocket! If anyone needs this part let me know and I can make one before I put it on the car.  the parts for open cars only I figure are almost impossible to find. I will make them from pictures if I have to. I knew it would be a challenge but the car is a bucket list kind of thing and I will finish it!

59-in-pieces

Jack,

First, you are starving us with out progress pictures, many pictures.
You know, we live vicariously through others on their restoration journey.

Now, another point - "I have mastered restoring bakelite".
Tell us more about this mastery of yours - and pics for sure.
Up to this time, I thought it was not possible as a DIY person, or some kind of mystical magical behind the curtain techniques.
So spill.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

James Landi

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on November 07, 2022, 10:12:02 AMJack,

First, you are starving us with out progress pictures, many pictures.
You know, we live vicariously through others on their restoration journey.

Now, another point - "I have mastered restoring bakelite".
Tell us more about this mastery of yours - and pics for sure.
Up to this time, I thought it was not possible as a DIY person, or some kind of mystical magical behind the curtain techniques.
So spill.

Have fun,
Steve B.

I'm another one of those, such as Steve,  in the audience who lives vicariously through the restoration journey--- also, curating your progress must yield some sort of advantage--- here, I'm channeling a scenario where, 5 decades hence your relatives have an important piece of your personal history to discuss! So please regale us with pictures and narratives.   Happy day, James 

jp1gt

Ok here is a before, will get after when I go up to the other shopsteering wheel.jpg

jp1gt

Here is after the cleanup. It has been sitting around for a while and was dusty, I could have spent more time cleaning it up but I was in a hurry. first I clean with 4-0 steel wool, then 3K sandpaper, then rubbing compound. I cleaned out the painted letters with a small pick. Then wiped white paint on the letters and as they dried cleaned around them. I had some cracks, if you enlarge the pic you can see where the lever is going to go that covers it. I found some epoxy that has black pigment in it to match the bakelite.bakelite.jpg