News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1928 303 coupe

Started by Dennis Brown, March 18, 2012, 01:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Brown

I'm just starting the restoration of this old beauty.  It's really quite complete; original dash, engine, landau bars, emblems, handles, etc.  I expect to add progress photos by May.  The first step will be removing doors and fenders and sandblasting with baking soda (professional done).  If this is a mistake, someone please tell me.  I need a rear bumper and the interior rearview mirror.  This car has the old wood "artillery" wheels.  I expect to soak them in lindseed oil to rehydrate the wood.  The car has been in the Anza Borego desert for the last 20 or 30 years and while that helped preserve the car, I'm sure it didn't help the wood wheels.

Jim Stamper

As far as the soda blasting goes, it won't hurt anything. If it doesn't do enough you can always get more aggressive in stages. If a panel is warped by sand blasting it is hard to undo.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470