News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 and 1977 Eldorados for sale or part out?

Started by artie b, July 19, 2012, 11:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artie b

I have been debating on what to do with these Cadillacs I have an 76 I think, first year for fuel injecton? It's mainly complete and a 1977 that is complete and runs well. I'm wondering what to do with these? What would be a market for these? Just wondering, if there is interest? email me at artiebee@hotmail.com for pics, or whatever? Thanks, Artie

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Artie,

Boy, what a question to ask without knowing the actual condition of these vehicles.

Personally, I have made more money in parting out vehicles than selling them complete, but the biggest problem could be with your neighbours, or the Council.

Plus, just where you are, and if there are many people around that need these parts.   Ebay is a wonderful place for selling stuff, but you have to be prepared to list each individual item, and then spend the time, moving everything.

Be prepared to scrap and rusted parts, but before you do, remove everything that could be attached to that part..   Rusted doors yield LOTS of valuable pieces.

If the upholstery is worn, then it might not be worth anything, but the internals and framework is valuable.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TJ Hopland

EFI was available in 75 but 76 was the most popular year to see it on anything other than a Seville. 

Without more details about the description its hard to tell what the value may be.  76 and 77 were not too dramatically different other than the engines.  76 was the last year for the 500.   77 was the first year for the 425.  They were both based on the same design so overall reliability was pretty much the same. 

In my area a not too ugly or rusted car like that could be a decent driver with a little work like tires, belts, and hoses would likely sell for around $1500.  You could maybe get a little more if you already have tires and such replaced.  I dont see them going for much more unless they are really nice.  These cars are still out there so if someone is looking for a very nice original they can usually be found for much less money than it would take to 'restore' one.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

artie b

pretty much parts cars, I know there is lots of parts that someone would want. I would like to see some of these parts breath new life on others...