News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'41 Vacuum Wiper motor

Started by rustytractor, August 25, 2014, 06:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

My wiper motor is pretty tired and is now running really slow, in fact it keeps stopping which is a bit worrying. Does anyone have one for sale which is either rebuilt or in need of a rebuild that can be sent to The Wiperman on my behalf ?

I live in the UK and could take the one out of my car and send it off for rebuild but would prefer to have one reconditioned ready for me to bring back when I come to the states in October on vacation.

Thanks, Russ
Too many cars - too little time !!

Steve Passmore

90% of the time its the old grease that dries up inside so it looses its vacuum. They need to be totally dismantled and cleaned, then re-greased. Doesn't always work as when the body gets scored theres no cure for it but its always worth trying to save finding a new one. Its just worked a treat on my 38.
BTW. of the different 41 models I have owned I recently saw that my latest (A Coupe) has a different motor than my sedans or convertible did, so you need to be sure what type you have first.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

gary griffin

Russel,  I have what is apparently new but in the beat up old box wiper motor that came with some parts I bought.  I know there are differences in various years and I am not sure which year this is from nor what it's condition is. Send an e-mail address and I will send pictures.

I would not suggest using it as it is though as the parts are all old and probably brittle.  I just sent my correct one to the Wiperman last week and would suggest that this one should probably be rebuilt with fresh parts also.

Possibly if it is for a different year the external parts can be exchanged to make it correct??

garygriffin@Q.com

Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver