News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 Series 61 found in Texas

Started by curtmacd, October 13, 2014, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeceretti

Maybe he sold it once he realized what he got himself into. I am sure I don't have to tell a lot of you but it is a significant commitment to restore one of these cars properly. What with the unavailability of correct parts and the resellers looking to make a fortune on the parts that are available, it is neigh on impossible for the average man to do one of these right.

I hope this is not the case with this car.

I can't, with words, describe the times I have been utterly discouraged. It would be so much less expensive to "restomod" my car. Not going to happen.

hudson29

Yes, I'm sure you are right. So many times these projects are begun with a burst of enthusiasm but stalled when the many difficulties appear. I too am guilty of this and my projects run decades as they sputter along awaiting parts, time & budget.

All too often we see a complete car like the one in this thread taken to bits and then abandoned as a basket case. I hope this excellent example finds a better fate.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

rod_l@lanoequip.com

I have several engine parts, 6 heads , intake manifold,lots of parts for a 1937 if engine needs anything, I got alot of engine parts when I bought my 1937, Lasalle, two v8 engine blocks, extra pistons, extra crankshafts, cams etc.

curtmacd

Okay folks, getting started on the 39 FINALLY!

Sold all my other projects so I can concentrate on the Caddy! Built a shop, now ready to go :)

I'm installing the new gas tank first, but need some advise on acquiring the correct straps for the tank.

I also need some good quality headliner parts or kit?

Front and back seats are at the upholsterers and the steering wheel is at Steering Wheel Bob's!