News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need Information from GM Guys about a Part

Started by Greg Powers, October 08, 2016, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Powers

I need help. I drive a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham as a daily driver. The last time I tried to raise the hood, the hood release cable broke just behind the kick panel. Of course, like everything on this Cadillac, the part is no longer available through GM. The curious thing is that the hood release cable for the Buick Roadmaster and Chevrolet Caprice is still available. The part numbers are one digit apart (Cadillac part #10259266 and the Buick/Chevrolet part #10259265). Can anyone tell me what the difference might be? Do you think that the Buick part would work? Appreciate all suggestions. (I miss the old hood latches that you could open from under the hood). Thanks - Greg
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

59-in-pieces

Greg,
Hope High Point is high and away from the coast and the hurricane.
Stay safe and dry.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Dan LeBlanc

It wouldn't surprise me if they interchanged. The number difference could be something as simple as a different font on the handle or a slight length difference.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

fishnjim

So long as the "pull" is the same and it's long enough, it should work.   If it's longer, it won't matter.   You might be able to cross the number at a dealer or on GM partsonline or someplace like that.   Lots of stuff fit cross divisions.   There's an interchange site also, but not coming to me.   

vulcan1701

Greg,

Sorry to raise the post from the dead but did you ever find out if 10259266 was interchangeable with 10259265?

I am in the same boat this morning with my 96 Fleetwood and this part is nowhere to be found.

Chris

nysdarkblue

Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

DaddyDeVille

You might want to look at the library for the "Hollander Interchange".  King County library had one for 1965 - 1975
1 Old car (The Green Devil~le) (Lots of gas)
1 New Truck (Not quite lots of gas, but still a lot of gas)
1 New Car (no gas)
1 Newish Bike (Some gas)
1 Old bike (Some more gas)

https://chuckdidit.wordpress.com/
https://www.instagram.com/mightneedoil/

vulcan1701

If I cant get an answer, I'll look at repairing the cable when it warms up. Right now I can use some vice grips in a pinch.

There are all kinds of 10259265 all over the internet but I dont want to drop 70 bucks if it wont work out.
Heck I might even look at a junk yard if I can find a 94-96 Fleetwood in any of them. Too bad none of the Pullaparts around me have one.

harvey b

You might look for a similar model in the buick-olds-pontiac family at the pick a part yard,if you had your old one you would be able to make sure it is the same or would work.GM did share a lot of the small parts between them. Harvey
Harvey Bowness

vulcan1701

Greg PMd me that the part will work as long as you route the cable under the washer fluid reservoir since that cable is a bit shorter than the stock cable.

Chris