News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 gas tank

Started by 13814, October 14, 2017, 10:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1957 Coupe, I have installed a new tank & 5/16 steel  feed line.  The connection at the tank will not tighten or seat the flair. The shop manual  calls for a gas line spacer. All attempts  so far to buy  the proper fitting have come up empty handed ! Is there a source or  alternative  available ? THANKS 

vegas49er

Hi, There is a spacer in there that is tapered on both ends. It is also there if you have a tank with a return line although for 1/4 inch. You can make a spacer also. The companies that sell new tanks include a spacer and they may sell you one. I have a couple of fuzzy photo's I took back when I was working on a few 57's so will try to include them now. F.J.

Thanks. About what I expected  it to look like. I called most of the cady vendors from Hemmings, no one seems to know where to get one. Any help locating one would be appreciated ! 

C Gorgas

I have installed and removed my tank a number of times for various reasons and found the inserts at NAPA where they have a bin of many different fittings. Might try them. Chet 25441

I located the fuel line spacer from Auto City Classics Thanks