News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1942 Cadillac parts wanted

Started by piter69A, November 17, 2017, 06:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piter69A

Hello,
I just bought 1942 Cadillac Series 63. The car is in very orginal condition but need some parts, so I'm lookin for:
- fog lights delete covers ('46 delete covers now instaled)
- front bumper guards in good condition
- side fender spears in good condition
- rear fenders stone guards
- one 15x5-1/2 rim
- one 15" "sombrero" hub cap (1947-52 style)

Here some pics with my Caddy  :)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Believe it or not, the fender trim and stone guards on your car are much better than most of the 1942s around. Treat them carefully and find a craftsman that can repair what you've got including the stone guards. Other 1942 owners will chime in soon I'm sure with suggestions. Nice car and welcome.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

k8096

1942 Cadillacs are supposed to have the same hubcaps as 1941 models.   Sombreros didn't come out until 1947.   Very nice car though.   Where are you located?
J Gehring

gary griffin

Piter,
  Here is a picture of 1942 fog lamp delete plates. You should be able to make a piece from sheet metal and install it from the back side and painting the low spots black as they are. Mine are not worth shipping and restoration costs and I keep them in case I break a lens in the fog lamp. The lens are very hard to find and quite expensive to purchase.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

piter69A

Now, I'm sure that my Caddy had factory foglights and someone remove them many years ago. Chrome bezels are still there and they are different from delete plates which are one piece elements.

I found orginal foglights in good condition, without bezels but $450 is to expensive for me, so I'm still looking for delete plates.
Please look how it looks in my car now.
Hub cap is also wanted.

gary griffin

The delete plates are two piece. I took the picture of mine with the frame included to look better.   Sorry if it confused you. They fit inside the same frame as the fog light lens would fit in.
Gary Griffin

piter69A

Could you post picture without frame?

gary griffin

Oops, I had the picture in my camera from a few years ago and posted it, but I am involved in several restorations at one time and my foggy memory was incorrect. I looked through my 1942 parts and the delete covers are one piece.  Since you have the doors you could fabricate a back piece similar in appearances to the picture I posted.

Possibly another 1942 owner can assist in finding them also.

Another option would be to convert to fog lamps?  The parts would be costly but they are attractive!

Owning a rare model is quite challenging since parts are so hard to find.

I apologize and hope I can assist in some way.  Possibly more detailed pictures or even loan you one of mine to use as a model to produce a pair.

Luckily very few people would know the difference between original and reproduced ones!!
Gary Griffin