News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Inner Tie Rod Ends 1960 Cadillac Eldorado

Started by Scott Halver, November 21, 2017, 12:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Halver

Hello,
I need the "inner tie rod ends" for a 1960 Cadillac, 2 door, Eldorado Seville (Sienna Rose) ....... air ride removed by dealership in early 1960's.   I was able to order all of the other frontend parts but NOT the inner tie rod ends.   Rare Parts Co. may be able to make the inner tie rod ends but is not sure.    This car was purchased new by my grandfather, driven by my mom for 46 years and is NOT being restored for resale.     Any help is greatly appreciated.    SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Ken Perry

The way the drag link is designed,you replace the parts inside that hold the inner tie rod ends,but the ball on the end of the tie rod  is mostly always in good shape. That is why they don't make them,I'm sure. If yours are trashed,I have some nice used ones I would sell. I have noticed when people have them transported on a slide bed,the operators sometimes get the J hooks around the tie rods and bend the hell out of them. If this happens it's best to replace them.   Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

Scott Halver

Hello Ken,
Okay ,,,,,,,,,  so that is probably right and why nobody sells the inner tie rod ends.   I will wait to see how the inner tie rod ends look/fit after "we" rebuild the drag link.

THANK YOU very much !!!   SHalver CLC #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350