News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 cadillac Sedan Deville Delegance bumper fillers

Started by cadillacjack, December 27, 2018, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacjack

So it begins.  Removed the taillight ends today.  Getting ready for some fun.  I  found a local guy today to do the pin stripes today.  He touched up a few spots on the rear doors that where thin and did the spears on the rear quarter fillers.   Looks so much better with the finishing touches.

Barry your right.  This is the best time to clean up the underside of the bumper for sure !

I know why I procrastinated on this job now.. What a pain.   Its done and I have all my fingers.  The tip to use the floor jack was spot on. I'm less than happy with E&K fillers the license plate filler had HUGE holes for the escutcheon and it won't cover them.  NOT sure what they where thinking on that. .  I sent them photo;s and an email. let them know they are WAY off.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Looks great Jack. The filler section directly behind & below the license plate should also be the same silver as the bumper inset piece - I can't tell if it's body color or not.

Don't forget to get one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOMOTIVE-UNLEADED-FUEL-ONLY-GAS-FUEL-DOOR-DECAL-STICKER-SILVER-4-4-INCH-NEW/362114083447?hash=item544fae6a77:g:vQgAAOSwdGFYtOoy:rk:10:pf:0
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

cadillacjack

Don't get me started.  according to the E&K site that decal should of come with the package but it did not. 
http://sandkindustries.com/77CAD.HTML

Painted all four pieces the bright silver.

Car is going to Barrett-Jackson tomorrow and should go on the block 1/14/19 wish me luck. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute