News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

56 Sedan Parts Wanted

Started by vwfras, December 20, 2017, 04:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwfras

I will be looking for a few odds and ends to get our 56 4 door sedan to a more complete stage. I'll probably add to this list as I go. I'm in Scotland.

Black 90° brackets for the headlining rods
Interior light
Chrome ashtray for the back of the front seat.
Spare wheel
Glass Screenwash jar.
Drivers rear door latch mechanism (sedan seems to have a different one from the sedan devile)

Items circled in picture.
Chrome end plates for dash top
Chrome end plates for where the door meets the dash top
Chrome piece the fits in to the end of the dash top fabric on the door card.

F Breingan

Lexi

Are you looking for a sabre or a regular steel rim wheel? Clay/Lexi

vwfras

Just a steel rim, will eventually get a new set of whitewalls for the car and use one of the older tyres for the spare so only need the wheel itself. Was hoping to find a wheel in the UK to save on postage.
F Breingan

cadparts58

I have some of the things you need. The chrome pieces for the door and dash. One of the door pieces has the mounting pin broken off, but once installed the top stainless trim should hold it in. I'm not sure if the brackets are the correct ones, there are twelve(see picture). Also the ash tray. I hope the pictures go through, I am having some trouble transferring. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721

vwfras

Hi sorry for the late reply, been holding off trying to get a picture of the headlining brackets but managed to find one I had taken previously. Got my car in a Carcoon over winter so access isnt too easy. The chrome door card parts you picture are the correct bits but it's the full chrome section of the ashtray I need (attached is a picture of a friend 56 ashtray, I have the painted section). Any help regarding the listed parts is greatly appreciated.
F Breingan

cadparts58

I don't have the brackets. I may have the ash tray assembly. I have both a front and rear seat for the sedan, but the garage they are in is a little snowed in right now and it doesn't look good getting in there for a couple of weeks.
Frank Puma #10721

vwfras

No rush for the ashtray, let me know when you get back in your garage.
F Breingan

cadparts58

Fraser,
Got the garage plowed out. Found the ash tray assembly you need. There is some pitting and the tip of the gold Vee has a small end broken off(about 1/8 inch). The assembly has the ash tray and cigar lighter assembly in it. Let me know if you are interested in the parts. I have attached pictures. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721