News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Most ridiculously priced Cadillac item on eBay?

Started by chrisntam, December 24, 2017, 11:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I sell on eBay from time to time, and if something doesn't sell, that means I have to lower the price. Or, if I can't part with it for that lower price, take it off. Same way with buying something. If I can use it at the price listed, I bid (or buy.) Otherwise, I laugh at the price and go on. Although I usually can't pass by and let people list the reproduction '41 hood ornaments at high prices. The last couple of weeks, I contacted two sellers and told them "what they had." Usually, they are "surprised" and generally thankful that they found out the true value of their item. I showed one the difference between theirs and a real one and she was quite nice about it. What is really annoying is eBay's new way of sending you a note on just about anything you click on and think you should buy it if it goes down in price. Like the 80K Eldo pickup just dropped to 64K yesterday or the day before. Wow! Such a bargain.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

cadillacmike68

Quote from: cadillac ken on December 28, 2017, 09:43:51 AM
E-bay needs to clean this up.  Folks selling the same item and relisting it for the same price over and over again has kept me from even going there when I need something. 

I've long felt that there needs to be a policy in place at e-bay that says if you don't sell the item for the "free listing" the first time, next time there is a charge, and another charge (slightly higher than the last) if relisted again.  This needs to be repeated with the "graduated" listing cost going up until the seller realizes he's going to have more in listing it over and over again for the same price and not selling it than if he just puts it up for auction at a reasonable reserve.

E-bay used to be an online auction.  Now it's simply a classified ad listing with either a ridiculous reserve or ridiculous "buy it now" price.

My visits are much less frequent.  Not to mention specific searches are anything but.

I still use ebay, but it's not my first choice any more. I just don't bother with ridiculous listings. Either that, or I tell off the seller in a message.  Or, I'll report it if its intentionally misstating the fitment / application.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

D.Smith

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on December 28, 2017, 11:10:30 AM
You mean this one, Dave?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1961-Cadillac-Trunk-Release-Electric-Opener-Popper-Eldorado-Latch/222772263722?hash=item33de42fb2a:g:im4AAOSwv0tVJhHy&vxp=mtr

Funny thing is, I sold him that solenoid to him for $185.00 along with the glove box button on January 10th, 2015 for $185.00 including shipping.  I had it listed on eBay and he emailed me and begged me to stop the listing as he had a home for it.  Took his money, sent it, and a couple of weeks later, it's made it back on eBay for the current $300 it's been sitting at since then.

I bought it from Brian Faull at Hershey in 2014 for I believe $175.00, but never bothered to install it in the Fleetwood.

LOL    That's the exact one Dan!   

I'd love to add that option to my 61, but no way at $300.   Plus he isn't even including the switch or wiring.     

Bobby B

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

The Tassie Devil(le)

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bobby B

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on December 30, 2017, 04:54:42 PM
At least the Horn Ring is in one piece.

Bruce. >:D

It's hard to see past the floors...... :o
                                Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Bobby B on December 30, 2017, 05:23:33 PM
It's hard to see past the floors...... :o                             Bobby   
It is easy to see that you aren't a '59 owner. ;)

I think that the first thing a '59 owner looks for is the Horn Ring, as they are so expensive to replace.

At least with my '60 CDV, I didn't have to worry about pressing hard on the horn and breaking something.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Bobby B

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on December 30, 2017, 06:01:54 PM
It is easy to see that you aren't a '59 owner. ;)

Bruce,
Thanks for the Edumacation!  If I ever get the luxury of getting up close to a '59, I'll know enough to NOT touch the horn ring unless I want my hands broken....;D ;D ;D
                             Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

chris92026

kkkaiser

try arizona vintage parts for the fleetwood script.  i got my eldorado scrips for behind the front wheels for about 70 each,, if they are still open

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: kkkaiser on January 02, 2018, 12:03:38 AM
try arizona vintage parts for the fleetwood script.  i got my eldorado scrips for behind the front wheels for about 70 each,, if they are still open

Just reached out to them, thank you so much!
Laurie!
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all