News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB: UPDATED 1939 LaSalle 50-19 Parts

Started by 39LaSalleDriver, December 30, 2017, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

39LaSalleDriver

Hello all,

I am looking for the following parts:

Start Push Button

Sun Visor Hinge Assembly (drivers side)   SOURCED

Pull out headlight switch

Shift lever knob

I'm sure there will be others on down the road that I'll need, but this should keep me going for a while.  ;D Thanks

Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

39LaSalleDriver

Which one? The shifter knob? The one I have is completely hogged out with well over 1/2 of it missing, and unusable for anything. It was being held on with a ratty piece of electrical tape. Fortunately, I do have the metal collet. I am waiting to hear from Dan Whalen to see if he recasts these. If he does, I should be good to go. I also see that McVeys has reproduction one for a 41 Cadillac that might work even though it's the wrong shape. Worst case scenario, I try to cast one myself using the collet in the mold.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

denniscaddy

Re the shifter know, can you post a picture of what remains?

I may have one.

Dennis
CLC 3676
1941 Fleetwood 60S
2017 CT6

39LaSalleDriver

To my knowledge, I don't think any leather was used on standard 39s. I would defer to others more knowledgeable than I though. For sure there wasn't any on mine as it is. To be honest though, I am even suspect that the one I have came from this car originally anyway.

Here are some photos of what was left under the electrical tape. The collet portion I have out in the car on the shifter, and I'm not going out into the cold right now to retrieve it!  ;D  It looks somewhat like an elongated sewing thimble with a knurled outer portion which was cast directly into the plastic. The inside is threaded and screws onto the shifter.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

39LaSalleDriver

Thanks to CLC member Bob Hoffman,  I now have a shifter knob and headlight switch. I'm still in the market for a push type start button for the dash. If anyone has any leads I'd be quite grateful. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

bariman

Chevys of the 40's show the sunvisor brackets in their catalog.  They also have other parts that fit your car.  Chevysofthe 40s.com

Steve Passmore

One slight difference with the Chev brackets is that one screw hole is slightly off center, so you have to use a chrome headed self-tapper and not the machine screw in that hole.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

39LaSalleDriver

Quote from: bariman on January 10, 2018, 04:48:55 PM
Chevys of the 40's show the sunvisor brackets in their catalog.  They also have other parts that fit your car.  Chevysofthe 40s.com

Quote from: bariman on January 10, 2018, 04:48:55 PM

Thanks fellas, I had wondered about those as I ran across them a week or so back. I'll order one of theirs.

That pretty much closes out my shopping list for now, as I also picked up a starter push button assembly this week. Wish me luck though, I have a sinking suspicion that I am missing the biscuit for the wiring harness. I've been poking around with the electrical system, sorting out what is missing or has been butchered, and I've not run across it yet.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

39LaSalleDriver

Hello all:

This week I have updated my shopping/wish list and am needing the following items.

1) Wiring harness plug - front (female) section for the dash and under hood harness. Mine was cut out at some point and I have a new harness on order. If I can't find one, I suppose I can work around it, but I'd like to keep everything as original as possible.

2) Source for the brown cloth cloth type ductwork which connects my heater/defroster unit to the outside air intake (see pic). I thought at one point I had run across these from some supplier, but I can't find it now.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019