Author Topic: Help naming and getting parts.  (Read 275 times)

Offline The_Sunken_Swede

  • Posts: 6
  • Name: Richard Jonsson
Help naming and getting parts.
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:06:03 AM »

I am currently undergoing a restoration of my 74 Convertible Eldorado, but I do now need help naming a few plastic parts and where to find new ones.

So the parts that I am talking about are the plastic ones that guides the Driver and Passenger windows up and down when it's being used.

It seems to be 5 parts, 1 upper guiding, 1 lower guiding and 1 sort of cleaning ring between them. Then it is also the oval (looks like a nascar racetrack) plastic rim that goes up and around a sort of pointy guide-pin so the window is more or less locked in place when it is fully heightened. Then we have the washer for the arm that lifts the window, I can't seem to find any of thees parts on all the sites that I have searched, I do have all the parts for my rear 1/4 windows, but not my front-side windows :(

So does anyone know the name for these parts and where I can find new ones (or mint condition second-hand :P ) ?
Need help ASAP.

Eldorado -74

Offline The_Sunken_Swede

  • Posts: 6
  • Name: Richard Jonsson
Re: Help naming and getting parts.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:39:01 AM »
Eldorado -74

Offline tripwire

  • Posts: 87
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #30157
  • Name: Wes Paro
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:03:34 AM by tripwire »
Driving now:
2013 CTS4 Performance Coupe
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan


Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!