News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rebooting Cadillac Club for Vancouver, BC area

Started by vancouversteve, January 04, 2018, 12:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancouversteve

What is the best way to reactivate a Cadillac Club chapter?  I live in Vancouver, British Columbia just 2.5 hours north of Seattle.  I've found 48 other interested owners, and we are all members of the same CCBC Lower Mainland Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cadillacclubbc/

Is there an easy way to get a list of the previous members of the Cadillac Club of BC? 

Is it possible to get a mailing list for owners who belong to cadillaclasalleclub.org, or have a message sent to those owners telling them that we're starting up the club again?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Take care,
Steve
71 CDV

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Contact either Mike/Nancy Book in the office or the Western Regional Vice President for the best way to get started.
Hit the Club Home Page for who this is at present. And thank you for getting off the dime and doing something about it. If it were not for guys like you that think that doing things like this is important, we'd be in dire straits. 
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

V63

14 years ago I bought a pristine 1974 Fleetwood on eBay. It was located in Vancouver BC. Prior to dparting, I contacted members from the Vancouver Cadillac club. The vehicle needed repairs for the drive back. What a fond memory of such a wonderful group of people! I was extended an invitation to stay with a family in Surry. I attended their local Cadillac club meeting! I long for the opportunity to visit BC again...and worth mention...one of the best steaks I’ve ever had! I’m sorry to hear this group did not remain active, but certainly encourage your efforts!

alfredgee

Hi Steve,

Back in the day, many of the members of the CCBC were from the Vintage Car Club of Canada.  I suggest you go to one of their meeting to try to solicit new support and members. 

Sadly quite a few members of the Original Club have either passed or moved on which was one of the reasons behind our inactivity.

I still keep in touch with the Clubs Dealer Sponsor (Dueck's) so if you need a contact, let me know.

I still remember your visit V63, that was a beautiful car that you bought.

Cheers!

Alfred
Alfred Gee
2008 Cadillac CTS
1983 Buick Riviera Convertible
1987 BMW 325

Long Gone
1981 Cadillac Seville Elegante
1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1993 Cadillac Sixty Special
1995 Cadillac Deville
1996 Cadillac ETC

V63

Images attached of the 1974 Fleetwood Brougham with 8,000 miles. All original, from Vancouver BC.

The original owner was from India whom married a significantly older Dr in BC. She was a very young woman  and she picked the colors (cranberry fire mist) of the car when they ordered it as newly weds. They only used the car for special occasion, and the last registration was 1986. She also had a 1977 Seville for many years she spoke fondly of. A later visit to India she experienced a terrible car accident that left her in a wheel chair.

Her husband had passed.

She decided to part with her beautiful fleetwood. It was such a pleasure meeting her, I’m reminded I need to call her and say hello.

The car is now in Norway.

Lars Kneller 8246

Ron Zahn, the international VP would be a good contact too.