News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Sources for seatbelts

Started by David Greenburg, January 05, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

There are several suppliers out there that all appear to carry pretty much the same thing; “aviation” style lap belts.  These include Andover Restraints, Seat Belt Plant, Seat belt Solutions, Seat Belts Plus, Ssnake-Oyl, Retrobelt and a couple of others I’m forgetting.  The biggest difference seems to be the range of colors available.  Beyond color, price/shipping  and the question of what is in stock, does anyone have any reasons to choose one over another?  In particular, Andover seems to have two lines; a basic line similar to what everyone else has, and a more deluxe “ brand specific” (but no logo) belt that has the same appearance for nearly 2x the price. I’m wondering what that is about.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

The Tassie Devil(le)

There is a vast array of colours available down here in Australia, as I am getting some to match the upholstery in my '72.

Going to have the webbing fitted to my Cadillac buckles and other fittings.

It is all to do with the fitting of Retractable Lap/Sash Belts in my '72.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

Try Juliano's seat belts --- http://www.julianos.com/Seat-Belts-s/96.htm 
They have a wide selection of seat belt designs including those with the GM logo on the buckle.  Select which style you are interested in and click on it for more info plus their large selection of colors.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David Greenburg

Thanks; was not aware of Juliano's, but it looks like they have a good range of colors and their stock, including colors is available quickly, unlike some places, where colors other than black, red or blue are a 3-4 week special order.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

quadfins

I found a nice set of '66 buckles at a junkyard, and sent them to Ssnakoyl for rewebbing. They had a good color  match for my upholstery, and made the length that I wanted.

I like the designs on 64 to 66 buckles, and wanted to stick with Cadillac logos, even though the belts themselves were a retrofit onto my '61.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

55 cadi

Johnny law motors has a lot of seat belts, airplane style, all different colors.
Lap, and shoulder
Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville