News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac Limo

Started by packrat, January 06, 2018, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packrat

I am a new member. In my recent scouring I came upon a 1947 Cadillac Limo, complete but rough. I took a picture but then lost my phone! It was covered with snow anyway. Back fenders look good, rear doors do not because the windows were open. I'm not an expert but assume it's a limo because it has a divider window. I will get another picture if anyone wishes, it is 100 miles from me but near my cottage so it won't be a problem. The owner is an old hot rodder that does not want to see it get junked and would part with it very reasonably. He said it would not include the 4 foot milk snake that lives in the trunk in the summer. The hunt is as much fun as ownership!
Paul Dow
1933 Cadillac 355C
1930 Ford Model A 2-door sedan
!934 Ford Panel Truck "Old" Hot Rod with built Flathead
1937 Buick Series 90 7-passenger sedan
1957 Corvette (almost done)
1972 Corvette survivor/driver
1974 Corvette project
1955 Caterpillar D8 Cable!

Bobby B

Paul,
Hi...Location?
                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

BJM

Yes, your location is important.  And how to determine for sure if it's a 1947 because except for minor changes, these could look similar from 1942 to 1949 (Dashes, and details not withstanding) 

Even though you say he would part with it "fairly cheap" that is as we know all too often very ambiguous.  I would not pay more than $1500 for a complete series 75, because depending on where you are, it should/could cost more than $2000 to get a series 75 home. 

Therefore, if his idea of reasonable is $3000 to $7000 as well often see, then this car will be removed at estate time. 

packrat

Gents,
  I'm sure the price will be far less than $1000 but I will check with the owner. He told me that it is a 47 and he has had the car for a very long time. I don" think the price will be a factor but shipping could be. There is nothing in this for me and maybe I can help a fellow member. I have a heavy 24' rollback with a hydraulic winch. The car is resting behind a barn just south of Oswego, N.Y. (under lots of snow at the moment). I will be going that way in a week and will get serious with the owner if you wish. I will also get pictures.
1933 Cadillac 355C
1974 Corvette project

Bobby B

Quote from: packrat on January 06, 2018, 03:03:33 PM
Gents,
  I'm sure the price will be far less than $1000 but I will check with the owner. He told me that it is a 47 and he has had the car for a very long time. I don" think the price will be a factor but shipping could be. There is nothing in this for me and maybe I can help a fellow member. I have a heavy 24' rollback with a hydraulic winch. The car is resting behind a barn just south of Oswego, N.Y. (under lots of snow at the moment). I will be going that way in a week and will get serious with the owner if you wish. I will also get pictures.

Paul,
Hi...I would be interested as I have a '47 and always looking for parts. Please keep me posted. I'm in NJ.
                                                                                                                 Thanks,
                                                                                                                   Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

packrat

Bobby,
  Will do. It's not going anywhere.
Paul
1933 Cadillac 355C
1974 Corvette project

packrat

Bobby,
  I want to send you a personal message. My e-mail is pd@blackcreekllc.com
Paul
1933 Cadillac 355C
1974 Corvette project

abelove

Hi, I am very interested in the 1947 Cadillac. I have one which is in desperate need of parts. Since I am in upstate NY, this would be a perfect opportunity for me to acquire what I need. My e-mail address is abelove@quadlink.net.   Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
C. Louis Abelove